Monday 4 January 2010

Back in the land of the freezing



So I've been off in South Africa and Namibia for the last 3 weeks and a bit. Got back to London on New Years Day to a lovely temperature of NOUGHT degrees! damn it was a shock to the body and involved me not really wanting to leave the house at all and pretty much hugging the radiatior all weekend.

I know there are tons of posts in my head esp about my trip home and to Namiba and loads of wonderful photos to share if I do say so myself. I had a great time and really enjoyed the time off. Today back at work is def a bump down to earth and i'm not sure I want to be here. Oh well.

Highlights of the trip to keep my mind off the cold:
  • the heat
  • Braai's (BBQ's)
  • seeing friends
  • the beach
  • the wedding
  • C's hawk hairstyle
  • Spitzkoppe
  • 4x4ing
  • Climbing
  • Yummy food... too much food
  • tobogganing
  • giving presents
  • the tan
  • the heat
The lowlights (have to be mentioned):
  • the flights
  • lack of showers in Nam
  • getting burnt
  • too little time to get everything done
  • Not figuring out how to tell C about his Christmas present and having to wait to tell him and a very boring and mundane way
SO not too bad :)

6 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Definitely more highlights than lowlights - sounds like you had a fab trip :)

Spear The Almighty said...

How was Nam? I'm thinking of visiting next year.

MidniteGem said...

@Spear - Nam was AWESOME! highly recommended. Found a great 4x4 rental company that was serious value for money and just made it so easy and hassle free. Will get some photos up to tantalise :)

boldly benny said...

Sounds like a great holiday :)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Have a lovely weekend - thanks for comment about dress (i will be wearing high heeled black shoes)

x

MidniteGem said...

thanks Brazen :)
You have a wonderful time at the wedding and I'm sure you will look AMAZING!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin