Monday 22 January 2007

Books, TV and Life

Monday, January 22, 2007
Current mood: content
Category: Life

I seem to find that it is amazing how things can ring so true in fiction when we compare it to our own lives. This is mostly evident in the movie/tv media. I cant decide if it is my life imitating TV or TV imitating my life. I know this sounds very self centred but when you are sitting watching the last episode of Gilmore girls and there is Rory saying goodbye to bf and him going off to the airport and her standing in the doorway wanting to go to the airport but freaking out at the same time ....this is a scene from my life ...and where is the characters bf going to, well london of course. Yet another parallel.
These keep happening mostly everywhere. I do suppose that friends do joke that my life is like a soap opera but that is always hard to believe - until you actually keep getting hit over and over again by all these parallels till you are giddy with all the tears of sadness and joy have embarressed you one too many times.

With books it is more of a case of being influenced by them. In august last year i read a book called gardens of paradise (i think) and as I read about these peoples lives I identified with them and when the seemingly parallel of my love life popped up yet again I was taken by the hugest urge to just buy a plane ticket, jump on a plane and see what love had planned for me ...could it turn out as well for me as the character in the book?!

Then almost like the concept in the book my life followed the idealised view of life and worked out. how was that possible - is this a fairytale? So as i'm the one standing the doorway wanting to go to the airport and yet freaking out at the same time I start to read another book to influence my actions. This time it is saying even more strongly that I must seize every opportunity and not waste a single moment part from the one in your heart because you dont know how long you have on this earth.

So i'm left wondering if we see all these parallel's in ones life in the movies and books why do we treat it like fantasy and not reality? Why can we not have the fantasy - the fairytale story with the happy ending ? Well I say that we can - I will trust the fanstasy and I will make it reality - and if it ends up more like a soap then a book then so be it ...No matter what it will sure be a great story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin