Friday 27 April 2007

I love Comedy

Was going write write about Wedneday night yesterday - but well i was just a touch too tired and slightly hung over and had work to actually do. So today since i've complete all that the company i'm temping for has for me to do for now I thought I would try to do something constructive - well the plan isnt working very well...lol

So Wednesday night - what a fun evening and def needed mid week since i've been seriously working hard and long hours (but no complaining since it is paid per hour :) ) Mike who is Mark's best mate who has been living over here for a few years invited me via facebook (oh so handy) to go through to a comedy evening that his friend was organising and MCing. So Callum and I decided that it was def be cool to take in so comedy. We met up after work and missioned off south to wandsworth. We finally made it to Global resturant the venue after ambling along the Thames and through parks and with the handy use of google maps on Callums phone! (a since person - me- left the map at the office)

We met up with Mike who by the way I had never met but thanks to the wonderful world of the internet had chatted with before and know his bro back in SA. And so began the drinking, eating, talking, getting to know each other ...and of course there was so comedy in between.

It was great and of course made me realise again that I love comedy ! It is always a good night out and is really great that you get to laugh so hard that your stomach feels like it is going to go into spams !

So as the night wraps up at the resturant we are all well on our way to being just slightly drunk and we attempt to head off in the direction of transport home....we get up to the train station and there are no more trains...so we head off to waterloo (with Callum leap frogging poles that probably took me up to the waist) and made a serious scramble/run for the last tube. Sadly we literally go to the platform in time to wave goodbye to the last tube. So we walk back through the station with basically the staff laughing at the 2 drunken people that has missed the tube who themselves were in hysterics over it. Then onto the bus stop ... this would be a long wait and a long bus ride ...so cabbing it home was the option choosen!

Finally home and into bed and 4 and a 1/2 hours later up we get to mission off to work. We were very thankful that the tube god saw fit to smile down on us that morning giving us nice realitively empty tube and a pleasant journey into work and such and easy fast journey that I was even early for work (Callum is always early cause awesomely he travels with me!)

And now it is Friday - so glad it is the weekend and get to sit back and relax. Callum is off to work on sat and maybe sun so will be left to my own devices - hehehehe.

Happy freedom day to all the South africans ! Hope you are enjoying the public holiday and the long weekend. I'm sure there with some seriously sore heads from last night ! Was really sad to miss Lukes birthday celebrations which were off to a great start when I spoke to him at 10pm!

So back I go to finding some work to occupy me ...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin