Friday 20 March 2009

Train from cambridge

So here I am sitting on a train from cambrisge going back home after a
day surveying (again) and decided that I was going to test out the whole
emailing posts to my blog. These days I hardly get a chance to what with
work being so busy as we are less people and the fact that I have no
internet at home.



I have the strangest drunken guy sitting in my vacinity right now
talking away to the school children on the train. He is going on about
being rambo in the jungle cause he can tell time by the rays on the sun.
This is def a reason I can see why the drinking on public transport
needed to be made illegal. Oh well its not stopping him drinking his
beer on the train.

My weeks just seem so crazy at the moment like there is no time to just
be. Last week was def like that with something on every night plus
hectic late days at the office. By sat morning we were just finished.
But we had to go fetch my bicycle from the old flat. It was actually a
great ride home in some wintery sun. I hope I get to ride it more this
year on the weekends.

Then we had to head down to fulham to a lunch we were invite to by a
friend and his wife. When he invited me on the phone I just had a
feeling that there was more of a reason then just lunch with their
friends. So we headed down there to find out that we were all there for
the announcement that they are going to have a kid in 6 months. We even
got to see the scan of the little fully formed kid that is 6 cm from
head to bum.

I have no idea how they kept it a secret for 3 months! It was really
nice to be included in the close friends that they wanted to tell face
to face before it hit facebook! Which it did halfway through lunch.

This was a really weird occassion as I realised from talking to all the
girls that they are all wanting this. ... Marrige and kids. It is really
the furthest thing from my mind at tis stage of my life. I suddenly
realised that I suddenly have all these couple and married friends that
are having, had or planning to have kids soon. When did I suddenly get
to this stage ?? I mean if kids are for me I only plan to start thinking
about them in like another 9 years time. So basically C and are are
going to be this unmarried couple that have no kids while our friends
around us marry and start popping out children. Ok. Can you tell kids
freak me out. There is just so much more I want to do with my life
before kids are even an option. First I've not done nearly enough
travelling. I def need to be more stable in my career and in life
generally. I mean even if C and I were to marry now I would still feel
the same. When does that switch flick in your head that says now is the
time to breed??

Ok that's it for now as I'm close to my stop on the train. Nearly home
and early for once! Have to apologise for the typing and spelling as I'm
typing this on my blackberry which is surprisingly difficult when typing
something so long!

2 comments:

boldly benny said...

I can relate to feeling like time is running away. There are so many things I want to do to our flat and I feel like any down time (which isn't much) I am so tired and don't feel like doing much.
I had a reasonably quiet weekend which was nice.
I wouldn't worry too much about the marriage/kid thing - you do what is right for you. If you and C are happy that's all that counts.

MidniteGem said...

Yeah Benny that is all so true. I get seriously stressed purely about feeling like time is running away.

Thanks for the words. It is all so true. I know what is right for me and other people shouldnt make me question that. C and I are very happy just the 2 of us. And he has told me that if it turns out that i'm never ready then he is SO happy for it to be just us forever.

I know that #1 I will only have kids when i'm healthy enough to manage life for at least a year without health issues popping up.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin