Tuesday 30 June 2009

The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.

I felt like having a random title today.

So this is week 6 of joint pains... luckily the pain has gone down from an 8/10 to a 2/10 which is a huge improvement to my life. I've been on steriods for the last 14 days and am off to see the doctor to discuss things tomorrow. Am really hoping that this is now just going to get better and better. I think that it really helped that on thursday morning last week I put my foot down at work and said that I really cant use my hands too much which means NO cad work. Now i'm just trying to take the whole mouse work easy. I think the hands have been the most frustrating. Just how everything hurts ones hands - every position that you put them in hurts. And the fact that all the things you like to do involve your hands.

We are heading off to portland this weekend for a meetup climbing group trip. 18 climbers are going all in all. And I still have no idea if i'm going to be able to climb at all - let alone do some of the more hectic walk ins. I've been a bit stressed by this but sorted that out by joining Streetcar car club and therefore we will have a car of our own. So I can head off to chill somewhere in the sun if I cant walk in etc. Otherwise I'll mostly just be chilling at the bottom of the cliffs watching everyone enviously and running round taking pics... oh yeah and maybe i'll get to do some reading as that has been impossible due to not being able to hold books. But most importantly i'm really looking forward to being in the sun by the sea!

Lastly for this post today I just have to share the fact that I've converted C's ex into my fan... While getting her home very drunk on Sat night she had this to say:

ex: " i have no idea what you must have thought of me when you met me. I know, that i'm a bitch. I was a bitch. I just really really wanted to hate you .... but you are just too nice! I cant hate you."

LOL - all I can do is laugh. At least things are all cool now. And her wedding wont be uncomfortable now.

4 comments:

po said...

Sheesh I can't believe it is so bad for you that you can't hold a book :( I really feel bad for you, it must be crap thinking you may not even be able to walk down to Portland. I can't even imagine it.

MidniteGem said...

@po - I know ! how annoying hey. It is amazing how hands are just so useful, lol. But seriously why do all my hobbies have to involve strain on my hands!

Yeah am really hoping they pick areas in portland that are easy to get there. i've been down some "interesting" walk in's down there. But i suppose there are much worse walk in's in the climbing world. Portland is the easier i've been to.

boldly benny said...

Shame love, just did a catch up and so sorry to read that you've been in so much pain! Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

MidniteGem said...

@benny, Thanks for the wishes. Am pushing for a full recovery but it is sadly slow...but getting there :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin