Thursday 20 August 2009

Obsessing

So I've realised that I obsess over things in my life... not in the normal way that your thinking of. I dont obsess over emotions or experiences or ummm... me. But I tend towards very, how to put it, maybe obscure?

Well my lastest obssession is... TATTOO's !

I've always been interested in them and always lent toward the idea that I would get around to having one done - well after I get over the fear part. But it has reached epic proportions at the moment. Maybe it is also because i'm looking for creativity in my life and it is something that can def inspire creativity.

This was kick started by me randomly coming across a website for the tv show LA INK. I started watching the show and was totally inspired by the creative process of the design of the tattoo and why people where having them done. And then I got more and more obsessed with the talent of the main person in the show, Kat Von D. Then I realised that she is only a month older then me and has acheived so much and is living the lifesytle that she wants and loves. This was both depressing and inspiring. Check out her website here

I now can say that even though I'm still SO scared of getting a tattoo that I would trust her completely to do one... I would pretty much even be happy to give her an idea of what I like and then let her do her thing. She is SERIOUSLY talented. She is world reknown for her portraits tattoos and they are seriously photo perfect.

The only problem...her tattoo shop is in LA!! (about 10 blocks from the last place i stayed when I was in LA, And the annoying thing... I remember the outside of the shop!! ARG)

I've spent hours looking at all the stuff online about her etc, and then last sat night took it one step further when while in a bookshop C produced the coffee table book about her and tattoos etc and I bought it!!

At the moment I've been really drawn to her filligree, lettering and angels...







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The third picture from the top is divine!!! Don't be scared, there's no pain, lol at least for me there wasn't, I think people really over exaggerate because they expect it to be sore but it really isn't! So go do it! yay, exciting :)

-C

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Looks liek you need to go to LA. I will come with you, I need to visit my friend there :)

I also think Kat Von D is super talented. I dont have any tattoos. One day I would like to get a small one (even though needles scare me)

Btw - Love the new blog layout

The Divine Miss M said...

Yikes! As much as I want a tattoo I really want a small personal one, I dislike them large and sprawling. But on the other hand she is really really talented, those are beautiful!

Ps - Pain will depend on where you get it done, the more fatty the area is the less painful but apparently if it is over bone it is SOOORREEE!!!

MidniteGem said...

@C - thanks I really needed to hear someone say it wasnt that sore...but where do you have tats? Cause all the places I want one are the more painful places apparently.

@Brazen - YAY! lets meet and go to LA!! love that city. Isnt Kat amazing. Think i'm going to have to star off really small cause of the fear.
Glad you like the layout...may still have to tweak it abit. Thanks for being an inspiration with your blog!

MidniteGem said...

@Miss M - I always only thought that I would be into a really small one etc.. but after seeing some of the tats on the show and the stories behind them I've realise that some only work on larger scale. I like it when it is one theme/story/symbol, In other words not a sleeve with random images all mashed up. Will have show you some of my fav bits of the show.

Anonymous said...

I only have one on the inside of my arm, and honestly I didn't feel pain once, just the pressure of the needle, no pain at all, the only place I can imagine it being sore is on the eyelids, also i went with a friend to have hers done on her stomach, and the only area she felt pain was over scar tissue. people are just big babies in my opinion :) (and compared to your arthritic pain it'll be a breeze so dont worry just go for it!) and I agree with you, some pictures have to be on a bigger scale, and they are like works of art.

-C

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin