Monday 24 August 2009

Hair Dye

There are def many posts on this blog that I dont write mostly cause they would be about C...and well since he reads this is must be very weird for him as well! But in a way I just want to record a moment in our lives that just makes me smile.

Last night while normal couples are doing whatever they get up to on a sunday night I got C to help dye my hair! I've just started to dye my hair at home again and the first time came out ok but wasnt the best job since the roots were much lighter then the very dark tips. So I reckon hey why not get C to help....

Oh dear!

There was black hair dye everywhere!! Mostly all over my skin and some over his arms where I kept stabbing him with the bottle of hairdye... accidentally !! He used a comb and made it all into a huge birds nest on the top of my head and then once he had squished in all the hair dye wouldnt let me leave the bathroom while we had to wait the 30 minutes for it to develop. So what did he do ...fetched his book and read to me :)

I must say that that seemed to be the shortest time i've had to wait for those 30 minutes to pass. And then while rinsing it he did manage to drop the shower head outside the bath... oh well the floor did need a clean so two birds with one stone i say.

I just have to say that he did a really good job!!! And no he doesnt know what he has let himself into.

p.s. we now own 100 pairs of latex gloves...well 97 now! Just think of all the jokes he was coming out with over those :)

7 comments:

po said...

Woah your blog looks awesome!

I got my bf to CUT my hair before. When I went to a hairdresser a few months later she was horrified. I haven't asked him to do it again :)

Oh and I see now why you are going to a tattoo convention!

Anonymous said...

97? so who only got 1 glove?

MidniteGem said...

@po - thanks:) still want to tweak it more - but that I have to find time for.
LOL - oh dear, yeah I wouldnt let C near my hair with sissors. Then again he was even worse on sunday morning trying to use clippers on his hair. He refused to let me do anything - but i had to watch to make sure it was going ok.

Yup - so want tattoo now...so convention here i come! :)

@anonymous - lol, thier were 100 pairs of gloves..used 3 pairs :)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

My Boyf dyes my hair for me - he is not too bad at it :)

MidniteGem said...

@Brazen - that is pretty cooL! but is he as into practical jokes and general sillyiness that causes hair dye to land up in the weirdest places? or is that just mine? lol

boldly benny said...

That's so sweet that he helps you dye your hair, I can imagine my boyfriend seeing it as a challenge and would try to do it perfectly!

MidniteGem said...

@ benny - me thinks you should give him that challenge just to see how he does :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin