Thursday 24 January 2008

Aconcagua

I feel like I should be writing about where C has missioned off to to climb his mountain. Also cause this has been such a huge part of life for the last few months. I never thought I would have so much fun shopping for outdoor gear !



C has been wanting to go hike up Aconcagua for ages now and there has been talk about it since I met him. Having already hiked Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya which are the highest and second highest mountains in Africa he needed the next challenge. So why not aim high (excuse the pun) and got not for the next highest set of mountains but the highest peak outside the Himalayas!! So at this very moment he is at 5500m above sea level and is heading for the summit of 6.962m.



He is walking up the Vacas Valley Route which is the longer route of 2 possible routes. It is 19 days of expedition and of course extra days to travel there etc. So he will be gone for 3 weeks !! :( So far i've made it about half way and just cant wait to have him home!



Of course it is worrying to have him go and do this as it isnt exactly the safest thing to do. People were telling me I was being silly to worry - but there is an aspect to it that you cannot ignore. Dont get me wrong i'm not killing myself with worry or stupid enough to be the kind of girlfriend that would turn around and demand that he not go and do this cause I dont want him too cause it is too dangerous. Actually I'm the opposite, I know it is scary and dangerous etc but doing this kind of thing is part of him and his personality. If I tried to deny him this then I would be denying part of the man I love. But it is more then that cause it is a part of him that I fell in love with, part of him that I was attracted to! Why would I want to deny him this?!? I miss him terribly and would rather not have to be without him but I'm so proud of him and I know what he is doing is a once in a lifetime experience that he will treasure forever. And that makes me happy !


(I know your going to read this - so will just say sorry for putting it out there for all the read but that is what i do - Love you! Mwah)

Oh and I got more creative with my blog and added a few more links in the writing :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin