Thursday 31 January 2008

Down from the Mountain


So C is officially down the mountain and amongst civilization ! YAY. Safe and sounds and not too worse for wear. He has reported frostnip in 5 fingers and his damaged knee is not happy or the ankle on the same leg. I suppose that might happen if you decide to run down the freaking high mountain. But what are supposed to do - I mean after so many nights on the mountain I'm sure the hotel at the bottom is a good motivator!
It was so good to hear for him again - it has def been a very strange 3 weeks without him. You know that you are fine on your own but life would be so much better if you weren't.

C sounds so unbelievably happy and that makes me over the moon. I can just hear in his voice that this has def been one of those 'one in a lifetime' experiences and for that i cant help but feel such a thrill even tho it was not mine to experience.

It is going to be so amazing to see him again: limp, sunburn, beard, numb fingers and all !!! :)
And it is only 2 full days to get through until then. Now i just have to try clean up the mess i've of course left around me while he has been away - oh who am I kidding I always leave a trail of things behind me as my mother used to tell me all the time !!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin