Monday 27 October 2008

Dad's going for surgery!

So it was just over a week ago that I found out that my has a skin cancer growing on his leg that one doctor was treating as a skin infection and the 2nd doctor treated it as a skin infection that got into the bone. He has been in pain for over 6 months now. Finally by going to a plastic surgeon to see about tidying up the "skin infection" and he was the one that spotted it as cancer.

The result of all this...well tomorrow (thanks to a cancellation - otherwise the wait was going to be 3 weeks!) he is going into hospital to have it cut out of his leg and new skin graphted onto the area. The area that going to have to be removed is the size of a side plate. But the horrid part is that he cant be put under a general anesthetic as he is a smoker with seriously bad lungs and asthma! So it is all going to be done with a local anesthetic. Now since I just had one for them to put the implant into my arm and that still hurt and i had to feel it I seriously feel for him having to go through that.

So now we are just holding thumbs that the cancer hasnt got to the bone and the malignant part it able to be taken out completely!

My thoughts & love are with you Dad
xxx

9 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

My thoughts will be with you guys tomorrow
xx

MidniteGem said...

Thanks so much! - I know they will and am grateful :)
xx

po said...

Sorry to hear it!!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

So very sorry to hear that - hope they get all the cancer out and your dad heals quickly *hugs*

Unknown said...

I hope all turns out well. Please let us know how he's doing.

Miss Caught Up said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets well soon.

boldly benny said...

Sending you strength and positive thoughts xx

MidniteGem said...

THanks for all the thoughts !! I really appreciate it.

Update: Operation went very well. All the cancer has been taken out and it didnt get to the bone - so all good for the future. Now it is just healing time for the skin grapht. He cant lower or put any pressure on his leg for 5 days (He may just go mad with boredom tho - but i sent him a book to help)

Miss Caught Up said...

I left something for you on my blog :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin