Monday 10 November 2008

Operation Monday

Sadly I have to report that there where more complications with my Dad. Due to his lifetime of smoking it has been discovered that he has plaque in his arteries which means that they are thinning and the blood is not getting through. This was causing no blood to get to his legs which caused his leg to become extremely painful and therefore this was all discovered. At this very moment he is now having parts of his arteries up near his heart replaced by fake ones. And all of this needs to be done by epidural again because of the years of smoking. It all makes me want to tell all the smokers out there that it isnt all about the cancer you could possibly get...it is definite that later in life all these complications are going to cause problem after problem.

Anyways..so sending out all the positive vibes I can this morning.

And I just have to say that I have the most wonderful and supportive and amazing bf that I really dont know what I would do without. He bring so much good into my life and I hope he know just how I love him and how happy he makes me. (sorry for all the soppiness babes)

He has just come out of surgery and it all seems ok - now we just see how the recovery goes.

3 comments:

po said...

So sorry midnite gem, am holding thumbs for you dad.

boldly benny said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's woes Midnite. All the best for his operation and am sending you mass positive vibes!

MidniteGem said...

Thanks Guys,

He seems to be doing quite well after such a major operation...he is apparently joking nicely with the nurses. His heart is strong...but his lungs have taken a beating from this so he is still in ICU.

Thanks again for the positive vibes :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin