Tuesday 29 April 2008

Greenwich, Butterfly Blue & Pottery

On the weekend to enjoy the sunny Saturday we headed off to Greenwich Village on a touristy mission. We decided to really do the touristy thing and get there via the river boat as well. This was great even if we had to wait some time for a boat that wasnt full ! !
It really was a beautiful day to head off down the Thames in the sun with our biltong for the Saffa store in London bridge.

We wandered around the gardens and buildings of the royal Naval college, Trinity music college and Greenwich university. Then we headed up to the Greenwich park which was completely full of people enjoying the sun, picnicing and playing ball games! This is truely something that I'm not used to, it seem so community joining together in the park to worship the sun. I suppose it is kinda like Cape town on the beaches but it really does have a more united feel here.

Then there was the obligatory look at the greenwich mean line thing that divides the hemispheres. There was no way we were going inside the observatory to stand on it though since there was an insane queue to get near it to stand there and have a photo opportunity! Not thanks - we were so not in the fighting with crowds mood.

After more wondering around the park and the village and the markets we finally settled in a little pub for a traditional lunch of steak and Ale pie and Roast beef and yorkshire pudding.

Of course I did get some shopping in, in the market there (which is great...so many gift ideas!!) and have to tell you what I bought. I think it is such a great idea and bought into it whole heartedly. The company is Butterfly Blue and they create these beautiful buckles & belts. The concept is you have a black or brown leather belt and then all the buckles clip into that 1 belt. So you buy as many buckles as you want and then just have 1 belt strap. I loved this and really could decided which ones to get, so since there were 3 for the price of 2 on the buckles I landed up getting 3 buckles and both a black leather strap and a brown one. I just love the whole interchangeable concept and will def be getting some more buckles in the future. Check out the link...Butterfly Blue


Sunday saw the arrival of the rain ...which was fine since we were off for a day of pottery. I havent been to pottery in ages as I was seriously disconserted with the slowness of my work. i know that I hadnt done it in years but that was no reason why I should be so slow. But my doubts and fears of lack of talent went out the window this sunday as I created a vase that i'm really happy with from start to finish in one sitting. (well other then the firing and glazing of course) Now the question is whether I can get back into going every tuesday and not putting it off.... talking of that it is Tuesday and time to leave work and decide about going to pottery!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin