Friday 6 June 2008

Missing Friends

This week has been one of the hardest weeks for me since coming to London. At the beginning of the week it just hit me hard how much I miss my closest friends that are all back in Cape Town. I just really missed having their support - I know that i'll always have their support but it is different when you are halfway across the world. I miss that certain love and affection you get from those friends that are the closest to your heart, that know you inside out more then you probably know yourself. I know that I still have them and we will be there for each other for a very long time to come (i dont like to put the pressure of forever on relationships) but i just really FELT how far away they were this week. There are def situations that i really could do with having them around and for the moment they are nothing ever serious. It is always small situations like having to pop to the shops to return something alone....

So that is basically how i've been feeling this week...Alone.


But now it is Friday and thankfully the end to another VERY hectic work week of late nights and hectic deadlines. And I just have to say that I have the most wonderful bf* who can cheer up my day with the smallest things ... And so as a sweet happy ending to my week he posted me a packet of sweets called "midget gems" with a little note saying he thought of me when he saw them. This isnt your average romantic but i'll take it anyday over your classic romantic. Just a side note for people that dont know us... we live together and work about a 2 min walk from each other (we often have lunch together when not too busy) So for him to post me sweets that he bought and hid from me while we bought luch together is jsut so impractical but the perfect gesture that has made me so very happy !!

*Sorry for making you read about this online...but you really made a crap week all better...mwah!

11 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Oh honey I didn't realise it was that bad :(

*big hugs*

If you ever want to go shopping or return something just let me know!!!!

MidniteGem said...

Its ok :) I would have called if i knew you were still in the city - but you had headed off home. Next time !!
I'm sure it will just me momentary - i dont tend to dwell on things.

The Blonde Blogshell said...

*Big Hugs*

You sound like you have a really thoughtful boyfriend....keep him
:-)

Michele Horwitz said...

Awww Gem, I miss you too ... sniff (of course, I'm big-headed enough to assume I'm one of those friends)

MidniteGem said...

Of course Mish! NO doubts! Hence the chat last week :)

MidniteGem said...

@Blondie - Of course i'm keeping him ..he really has no choice !! LOL
Told him about your blog the other day with the wholewhen you getting married bit...His reply to people that ask him is - "When Gem says i'm ready" LOL

Miss Caught Up said...

Sorry that you've been having a crap week :( Hope you feel happier.

And that was really sweet of your bf :)

MidniteGem said...

@fashionista... thanks, am def feeling happier. The lovely bf (as Miss M named him) was def on form with the cheering up as per usual. He can make me laugh so easily and that is one of the many reasons I love him and love living with him!

Lopz said...

Hang in there babe! Wish I could say the missing people part gets easier, but I haven't found that. Your man sounds like an angel though. :-)

MidniteGem said...

@Lopz - yeah i'm normally fine about missing people ...this has been my first depressive moment since i arrive over a year ago. Heard this week that a friend is coming over for a visit so i'm over the moon. and other friends are talking about moving here so that would be even better.

He is really amazing! and others say that as well so i'm only slightly biased.

Oh and i figured out that I know a friend of yours...know him by the nick name Lolly

Lopz said...

Spill!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin