Tuesday 20 January 2009

Blue Monday

So yesterday was the first day back at work ...Other then the usual unwillingness to head back after such a long holiday I was still sure it wasn’t going to be that bad.

But this is how the day starts off…
As I’m trying to wake up while watching BBC news they announce that according to the scientists calculations this is Blue Monday, the most miserable and depressing day of the year. And I think OH great! But I think it cant be that bad!?! Then I realize that the rain is pouring down outside and I’m going to have to go out in it …ARG.

I potter along and am actually all ready to leave for work earlier then I usually was and after running around the flat trying to find my umbrella and gloves I head out the door not feeling too bad. THEN I get to the tube station only to find out that my line isn’t running – double ARG. Luckily I do have a bus that runs from there straight to work and since I was early I’ll only be slightly late (that is if the bus turns up soon)

The bus finally turned up and I find out that I’ve stupidly forgotten that my travel pass has run out and it doesn’t seem like there is any pay as you go left on my Oyster card even. This left like the last straw..I mean I’d only been up and awake for an hour and all this has happened.

I eventually got into work with no further hitches and of course found a huge pile of work for the day on my desk…NOT COOL. I just didn’t feel like working after all that. But I did make it through the day and even managed to go food shopping and cook dinner with very little fuss. So all the bad luck got left in the morning.

And last thing of the day …I got to have a happy time playing with my new toy, a beautiful camera!!! Thanks C, it is PERFECT !

2 comments:

po said...

No offence, but I hate London transport with a fiery passion. Although my trains are often delayed too.

Do you have any climbing stories from Cape Town? I am sorry, I am so impatient, but I am just so envious!

MidniteGem said...

LOL...yeah public transport can suck but i must say i missed it in SA. I love all the books i get to read.

Yeah will def get to the climbing stoires. did some really great ones. my fav being frasiers veriation on the front face of Table Mountain. so need to get out into real rock more!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin