Tuesday 10 February 2009

Time flying


I just hate how things go so fast. There is just so much I want to do and so little time. I almost view my frequency of blog posts as a measure of just how time is flying. I so want to actually post more and when I have things to post like the last week, then there is just too much happening and I don't get a moment to post. I mean right now I've grabbed a moment on my blackberry to start typing this while heading home on the tube at 9pm on a monday night. Well that I my fault as I was out shopping. Oxford street did lure me in.

Last Monday was just amazing. The snow day got more and more hectic and we were sent home at lunch time due to the fact that more snow was going to fall. So I landed up heading off to join The Countess (the old friend mentioned before) up at hampstead heath since C was stuck at work. After many hysterical phone calls of The Countess and I saying things like "I'm by a pond with a half a tree next to it can you see me cause I can't see through the falling snow" Every thing was so white it was stunning but everything really did look the same.

I was amazed at how busy it was. I mean busier then a summers day and that is really saying something! There were massive crowds at the tops of hills waiting to sled down them. I saw guys skiing through the heath. And loads of little groups of Snow boarders. I mean this is definitely not a usual day in hampstead heath!

The Countess and I then made snowmen (a first for her) which to be a little more creative were a tableau of a "stick up". Ok, so we were inspired by Calvin and Hobbs snowmen themes. Mine was a little demented, which i got bored with and started practicing my snow ball rolling to make huge balls for snowmen making and finally got it right...so The Countess got a middle one for hers. I think it turned out pretty well and the end result was super cool. Talk about feeling like a kid again.

We then got out our cameras and took loads of pics of everything! I'll attach a few ... or more. Which doesnt seem to be working so will put them in a separate post tomorrow.

I really had one of the best days i've had in a very very very long time...

More catch up stories to follow soon :)

4 comments:

po said...

That sounds like so much fun! That is what I wanted to be doing in the snow but unfortunately I had no problems getting in and out of work and was trapped inside all day!

Sunny said...

the pic's cute!

Spear The Almighty said...

Something which is still on my To Do List - Build a Snowman. :)

MidniteGem said...

@Po - oh no that sux! hopefully next time it will be on a weekend then :)

@Sunny - thanks :) its amazing what you can do with a little cropping of pictures.I thinki need to brighten it up a bit tho

@the Spear - MOST DEF!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin