Thursday 8 May 2008

Climbing on the Long weekend in the Peak

We had an awesome long weekend in the Peak district for my first time doing traditional climbing (Trad for short) And I can say that I absolutly loved the gritstone rock up there! The climbing was really good and very exhilarating even if I was only seconding C (so basically top roping while cleaning the gear as I go)

So not to bore you with too many words about it all...here are some of the pics (sorry for all the pictures of rock if your not interested.)

*Stanage - the first crag we climbed at*
*Very popular classic climb called Flying buttress*

*View from the top of Stanage*

*Moors at the top of Stanage*

*Flying Buttress side on - the large bit of rock jutting out*
* Christmas Crack - one of the top 50 climbs of the Eastern Peak area*

*Sunset at Stanage*

*Supposedly easy climb in the other crag we climbed (i've forgotten the name) It would probably have been much easier if it wasnt raining during the climb. Oh well was still fun!*


*This was a climb up the crack to the higher roof, traverse under it and around the side to the top ! What an amazing climb - was so amazed that I did it with style even though I was freaking out!*





*And finally a completely different picture - 3500 year old remains of a standing stone ceremonial circle and burial tomb*






7 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

I can't wait for my first trip in 2 week :)

MidniteGem said...

YEah - i'm sure you'll love it as well!

Miss Caught Up said...

Those pictures look awesome! Ah.. Starbucks Guy and I are suppose to rock climb at the rock gym (not the same, I know) either Wednesday evening or Thursday evening! Hopefully we'll follow through! :)

MidniteGem said...

Fashionista - you should def go, Make it happen! I shouldnt be talking as i'm being very lazy myself at the moment about getting to the climbing gym.

Lopz said...

Oh my word, that looks amazing! How long did it take you to do all those climbs?

MidniteGem said...

We went up for the lond weekend, Climbed for about 6 hours on the Sat and then only about 1 or 2 horus on the sunday (it was raining most of the day) It was really stunning and just so amazing to climb a route and then sit at the top and admire the view. On the last climb on Sat we got to sit up at the top and watch most of the sunset :)

The Divine Miss M said...

How romantic Gem ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin