Monday 18 August 2008

#29 - Boots weight thing

So I know I did this on the 6th of August which was 2 days before my start date in the 101 things BUT it is going to be my August to do for this goal. And since I seem to loose little pieces of paper easily I've scanned and saved it and can now blog it for future reference and comparison.

I was very happy with this reading since when C got me to do this a year ago and it was a huge horrid shock. Firstly this is a machine that takes your weight and height and then works out your BMI. Then you can get it to measure your body fat as well.

A year ago all I remember was that I was 65.5ish kgs!!! And i flipped! how on earth did i put on 20 kgs in 2 years! AND still fit in alot of the same clothes. I promptly lost the little piece of paper in frustration of what it said. It has also indicated that I was not the average weight i should be and that I had a poor body fat %.

Well now I'm much happier since it has come out that I'm about 7kgs lighter after starting climbing and becoming more active. And I know that i've turned some of the body fat into muscle which in turn actually weighs more.

I just have to point out that I'm not doing this cause I'm unhappy with my body or want to obsess about my weight. Because I'm not that kind of girl. I actually like the body I'm in and do not sit around and wish for a smaller butt or better tummy. I think I've foudn something to love about my body through every stage it has been through. I actually didnt like things about my body the most when I was so skinny from being ill.

C and I were just wanting to monitor what benefits our lifestyle is doing for us. I.e as we eat healthier and excercise then our body fat % will go down. If done monthly then you can see what is working and what isnt. So for me it is about a general healthier lifestyle that will help me become a fitter and stronger person. And it will work. I've been the healthiest i've ever been in the last year as i've become more active. This has meant that I've been sick less and able to get over energy slumps easier. And with my CFS then this can only be a good thing for me.

2 comments:

The Blonde Blogshell said...

This has got to be the most inspiring thing ever! I have 20kgs to lose and it's absolutely devastating! I don't look horribly fat, but I KNOW my body!
So...instead of bitching about it (I've discovered I'm quite good at that) I have started a health regime! So far, in 3 weeks of pure sweat and torture (the fun kind...boxing) I have lost 2kgs!
So nice to read this and feel inspired to keep going!

I've missed your blog...been crazy at work so only catching up with all my reading!

PS> Sorry for the essay of the comment!

MidniteGem said...

Awww shucks, your comment made my day !!! I'm so glad that you are inspired! It is good to hear that while I motivate myself to achieve goals I'm motivating other. I also seem motivated to blog more - so that can only be a good thing.

Sounds like you are doing great with the boxing :) awesome that you have found a way to be active that you enjoy. And it is working too. Hope to see you much happier and slimmer :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin