Wednesday 20 August 2008

#61 - Environmental bag

I've wanted to reduce the waste in my life for awhile now and #61 on my 101 list is to start using a reuseable bag for shopping and reduce how much plastic I use and throw away. It may just be a small drop in the ocean of a problem - but at least i'm doing something.

So today I found and bought the coolest looking foldaway reuseable shopping bag. I think they look supper cool and trendy and therefore are more encouraging to use.

The cheapest I found them online was at Quirky Bags which also happens to be a very cool online shop with some great products. So I bought myself the one below and will see how it goes before buying more from them.
They also have a very cool concept of bag liners which you would use to hold all the stuff your normally have in a handbag which then fits inside your handbag. When you want to change handbags then you just take the liner bag and put it in a new one. No transfering of endless little bits and pieces and invariablely forgetting something! Will be pondering that ...but have to sort out my handbags first.

Now I wait for it to be delivered, then can make a habit out of not getting more plastic bags ! YAY

2 comments:

Miss Caught Up said...

I always forget to grab my reusable bag! Then I feel guilty and awful when I'm in the grocery line, because I am forced to use a plastic bag. :( Must remember to use my reusable bag! :)

MidniteGem said...

Am loving this bag tho - it roll up small and lives in my handbag! I think things like this are different here in London since your hangbag is your life and it never leaves your side and has everything you need in it... Umbrella, flat shoes, make up, sunglasses, book to read on public transport or magazine depending and of course the ipod!
So it is a little bit easier not to forget it here :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin