Monday 25 February 2008

Chocolate Addiction


I have a problem, it is an addiction and I can't break the cycle. I am a chocolate addict! And of late it is all my bosses fault!

He started it all off by sharing his chocolate cravings with the design dept by coming in every afternoon with a bag of chocolate for everyone. Then once we were all used to the afternoon chocolate fest we would start demanding chocolate which meant that one of us would make a chocolate and sugary drinks run at least every second day.

For these chocolate runs we started putting together a whip for chocolate (explanation of whip click here) and it has evolved into a kitty of money that gets collected and kept for these occasions.

The main problem comes in with the fact that it has become my responsibility to keep the kitty and buy the chocolate which means that the chocolate stash sits on MY desk! This had lead to my outright addiction to chocolate and my inability to be able to go without chocolate even for a day.

As we have been seriously stressed out at the moment putting together a huge pitch presentation and design scheme the need for high energy sugar laden snacks has increased. This now means that I find it difficult to resist the 10 am chocolate snack to start the day off. And then by 8/9 pm when we have been knocking off work I've gone through about 4-6 chocolates.

But seriously after this pitch is out of my life (Wednesday) no more chocolates ..... Until easter that is, well I am only human and this is chocolate we are talking about :)

7 comments:

The Divine Miss M said...

I hear you sister, I hear you.

Chocolate over Easter though is a given!

Especially with Jailbait there!

MidniteGem said...

mot def - exp after all the map reading to find the yummy chocolates ! and more for us cause C doesnt do chocolate really.

Elise said...

Oh chocolate, chocolate,
wherefore art thou...

yeah I think we're all inlove with chocolate. The texture the taste the feeling of it melting in your mouth.

xx

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Oh dear. I hate you now. I do.
Thanks alot.
I. NEED. CHOCOLATE. NOW!!

MidniteGem said...

Yes - you are all feelinmg my pain now !!
Am on chocolate number 3 already for the day and now have a killer migraine. I dont think all this chocolate is doing me any good ! :(

The Divine Miss M said...

@Elise - Could chocolate be better than sex?!

@Gem - C NO EAT CHOCOLATE?! Fucking fantastic, let's not tell Jailbait and he'll bring enough for C and we can eat it all ALL I TELL YOU!

By the way, Jailbait is even worse with chocolate so we must keep ours safely guarded!

@blonde - MUAHAHAH Gem's evil plan is working. Damn her. I am going to go get some hot chocolate now.

I hate you Gem. ;)

MidniteGem said...

hmmm - you have to do chocolate after sex, now that is heavenly!!

yay - am infecting people with my addiction :)

@ miss M - heheheh i like your evil plan ...climbing and chocolate what more could you ask for (other then the above) !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin