Friday 15 February 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Well Happy Valentines day to everyone - hope they all felt loved yesterday and everyday!

I just have the mention that all my planning for Valentines day was refered to as VD planning by C. So typical of his sense of humour and it would crack me up everytime ! So actually planning was very chilled anyway and the was happily no pressure put on me/us to do anything - but hey why not, any excuse for a dinner and some theater :)


When I woke up yesterday I so didnt want to get up and face the work day - I just wanted to stay curled up with C for most of the day :) But of course we have to earn a living or something so headed off to work for a very hectic day playing with VERY frustrating drawings that I just wanted to murder by the end of the day ! The drawings also made me very thankful that I hadnt chosen to go into Architecture cause their drawings are seriously insanely complex and gave me a freaking headache - I so couldnt deal with those drawings everyday! I like the nice simplified versions that we create for the design and build fit out industry.


I of course couldnt wait to hand over my present to C to open - I'm terrible when it comes to waiting to see people open thier presents from me :) I got him a Taste London membership which gives you 50% off or 2 4 1 deals at about 600 london resturants for a year. So basically its a present for me too! :)

Half way through the afternoon just when I needed a pick me up there arrived roses for me and my present :) So am still looking at the beautiful boquet at the moment and wondering how entertaining it is going to be taking them home tonight !! The present was a membership with Lovefilm.com which is a rental situation where you have a list of 10 movies at a time and then they send you the dvd of one of those and you keep it as long as you want and then when you return it via the free postage they send you the next one. It sounds like a great idea and I've heard it from the intellectuals that it works well for them. So it turned out (as C put it) that we bought each other 'team' gifts. I.e both gifts are for both of us. I think it was very clever if i say so myself.

Due to our laid back planning we did not have a restaurant booked near the theater and even though there are literally hundreds of restaurants in the area they were pretty much all fully booked or would involve a very long waiting list. If you go there on a normal weekend night it is also pretty much impossible to get in to eat anywhere without having to do the waiting list thing. So we just popped down to the Pizza Express which is one of C's fav pizza chains.

After dinner we then headed off to the musical, Spamalot. This is the stage version of Monty Python and the holy grail which is one of my most favorite Monty Python movies!! I just love the random sense of humour! And they did a brilliant job of it. I SO recommend anyone to go and see it - it is so worth it! The 2 hours and 20 minutes felt too short and I definitely wanted more and was sad to see it end - I think everyone felt that way as there was endless cheering and synchronized applause from the crowd. And then a great sing-a-long to 'always look on the bright side of life' (damn that song gets stuck in your head !!!)

I seriously LOVE monty python ! And have done since I was a little kid - yes I know I had weird parents that showed me these strange things from an early age !



Anyways, so the rest of the night is just for my memories - but i have to say it was def one of the best Valentines days so far - Thanks C !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin